Saturday, April 24, 2010

Silhouette again

I have great enjoyment in sitting at my desk watching the Silhouette do my cutting for me. Every wavy line comes out just like it was drawn. It is superb. I took a photo of a flower and let the software trace it and though some of the lines did do some editing (removing of anchor points and lengthening the dip between petals) it wasn’t all that much effort.  I did a little cutting, colored my little rose in the making with distress ink (tattered Rose) and cotton ball. Glued the layers together and let dry (as long as I could stand it) then spritzed with water, scrunched and shaped till I got what i wanted. -
rose-1
I was so tickled that i went ahead and plastered a whole screen of flower petals for my rose. And there was a background to make as i didn’t have any paper the right color, but i had this lovely shade of blue (VersaMagic Agean Blue) and Impression Obsession’s Thick and Thin Striped background stamp and so this happened….
rose_1153
This is not finished but I figure that with Mother’s Day coming. Then I thought this would look nice as a box. So now i need to get busy.
I used:

  • Tim Holtz’s Glossy Cardstock for background


  • Neenah Cardstock for label

  • AC Cardstock pastels for the leaf and stem
    the cutting file for the leaves is at the silhouuette store: 3_flower_sprig_with_butterfly_C00480_19210
    The other cutting files are my designs and you can email me for them.

No comments: