Friday, March 12, 2010

embellishing

this little trick will make your silhouette cut labels look a little ‘nicer’. I have an old Letraset burnisher for that i put to use for this. turning the flat shape over, laid it on a washcloth and running the burnisher around the edges I now have a raised edge to my flat shape

label_silhouette-embssd 007My burnisher looks like this:

burnisher-1

I cannot afford one of those delightful little ‘machines’ that use the $25.00 dies. So when Silhouette came up with an offer for time payment I really jumped. I paid more for the machine and it will not do the embossing so i can do it this way and it looks just as good if not better.

And then, I went and did this little project. I don’t know how I will use this yet, but it is not going to be a card.

penyblkkitty-2

It would make a cute little album cover maybe….

1 comment:

Maureen said...

That's a great tip! Thanks!