Tuesday, March 2, 2010

2 challenges

This is a new one to me….entering 2 challenges. Even entering a  challenge is new this year for me. Challenges are fun ways to spark your creativity and to share new ideas however large or small they may be. And since getting my latest paper pad (Basic Grey’s Porcelain) i was ready for doing something.

I ran across this TESC102 challenge after messing up a card for Paper Garden's challenge so now i will enter this one.

aaahhhspring-1sm

For the image I used Inkadinkado’s Nostalgia clear stamp set With 2 shades of pink and 1 green chalk ink pads. I won’t give the color names as 2 of them are discontinued (at least from 1 supplier) colors and it really doesn’t matter as long as the color are compatible with each other and the paper. And i used a scrap of white cardstock, so i do not know which one i used for sure, however it works so…..

Then i took that scrap and cut out 1 of the labels from the  Cosmo Cricket’s journaling label set (journaling_boxes_C00048_26102) for the Silhouette. I did trim the end to fit into the design and added a strip of the lace from one of the sheets in the pad in place of the bling.

I was really nervy on this little scrap. Usually it is best to have the paper wide enough to fit under the 2 ’feet’ on the roller bar, but i didn’t do that this time. I just lined it up with the edge, pressed the paper down (making sure that it was sticking appropriately), and let the machine cut the label. What i didn’t realize is that this particular label set uses the pencils to do the inside line so my label has two line of cutting.

1 comment:

Pauline C said...

Very pretty card Christinoel and so delicate :-) Thanks for sharing. Sorry this link is not eligible for my blog candy as you ahve to have entered your card into the CCC Challenge theme for this fortnight. Hope you'll be able to join us.
Hugs
pauline x