Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Poinsettia 1

I haven't posted much of anything here yet. I am really trying to gather up some supplies that will make a something (card or box or something) but most of my supplies are kinda on the old side and the inks are suffering the most. They are drying out. And trying to find some stuff at this time of the year can be difficult. While most supplies are in stock sufficiently I could not find an ink pad in sepia (where I was shopping) so am making do with a re-inker at the moment and using a makeup sponge to dab the color on the stamp.
Then there is the problem of the little kid in the candy shop! I want it all! I have been out of this for too long and everything is so tantalizing! Where do I start? Well i did manage to choose a couple of stamps and now i am on my way! 
I had none of the new clear stamps and so had to get a block and being limited in the amount of money i had I got the largest block I could find (7 x 4 3/4")! It is beautiful! Heavy! but it works wonderfully!

Here is the card:


Supplies:
  • card stock (some i had on hand that is really nice)
  • Water color paper (for the poinsettia)
  • Sepia ink by clearsnap
  • water color pencils
Stamps:
  • Peddlar's Pack Stampworks - Poinsettia background
  • Penny Black - Banner of Joy
The One Poinsettia from "Banner of Joy" I stamped onto watercolor paper and colored with watercolor pencils. Then cut it out and pasted it to the front of the stamped card. I'm sure you could have figured that out but in case someone didn't i mentioned it.

No comments: