Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentines Projects

have several little 3x3 cards and bags to show off. If you are in a rush and need something more for Valentines day PC Crafters & D.A.I.S.I.E. Company are two great places to visit. I used graphics from both these places for the following projects as well as Basic Grey’s Bittersweet 6x6 collection which i just love, and Hero Arts “Hero Hues” Layering paper in Snow or Water Color paper.
card 001_sosweet
Since my audience, however small, is not all familiar with making cards, I will give a quick run-through. Base of the card is 80 lb. cardstock cut 3 x 6 inches and scored at 3 inches Then i chose 2 co-ordinating patterns from the Bittersweet collection (any patterned paper may be used though) and used a glue for the purpose of scrapbooking/cardmaking. I like to use the tape runners which is glue laid out on a narrow paper and in a plastic holder so that you can just lay it down on the paper and “run” it the length needed. The second glue is Tobow’s Mono Multi which is the next best. Tombow has a fine point for tiny things and a wide point at the bottom for spreading larger areas quickly. It also works as a permanent or repositionable glue. I measure the decorative papers and cut them to fit the card front and glued them into place.
I stamped the main image on water color paper but other paper can be used, and, thought it doesn’t show here, I used embossing tinsel which is embossing powder with glitter mixed into it. So the design is nice an sparkly. I wish it would show up that way but it is not; sorry. I handwrote the sentiment in mettallic gold to go with the design. After cutting with deckle edged scissors I used 3-d dots to keep the image in place. In years past i have used small pieces of egg carton and glue, now i have the ritzy stuff.
card 007_tweet Card base on this card is the same as the other but orientation is tent fold. Bittersweet Dark red was used for the matting or background for the hear which is a combination fo graphics from 2 different set from PC Crafter’s web site. PC Crafter’s has their own little viewer for their files and when you pay for the file (which has several images and is usually only $4.95usd each) and when you drag the file into your editing program hold down the shift key as you drag and that automatically make the background transparent for layering. Since my very expensive program crashed and I have not been able to repair or replace it I have been using Serif’s Page Plus which you can get fro free and upgrade reasonably. It works rather well for this; i printed out several graphics on the Hero Arts paper and they turned out beautifully. Cut them out and pasted into place. This one is flat on the card, the next one is ‘popped’ up with 3D dots again.
card 006_notlion
The 2 sets of graphics are “My Funny Valentine” and “Flights of Fancy II”
Then from D.A.I.S.I.E. Company I used the little Valentine Treat Sacks and since they gave me a couple of plain bags I placed PC Crafters graphics on them to personalize as I had several to make this came in real nice.
valentine 001_edited
This particular graphic set can be found HERE. The files come as .PDF and .JPG. I just loaded the jpg file and sized it to fit the whole page and when i printed i checked borderless in the printer dialog box.

2 comments:

Tricia T said...

What sweet cards! I just adore that little birdy!!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I appreciate it!!

Barbra Joan said...

thanks for the congrats. It's prompted me to do a giveaway of my own on Art Hearts Place, soon as I figure out what and how. I love your tutorials on card making. An online friend has such a knack for making cards also, and sent me a site for envelopes to fit a 5 1/2 " folded card called PaperPresentations. A good size for embellishments but never had an envelope til now. I'll be posting some instructions on those on my Art Hearts Journey, Thanks for sharing ... hugs,